Februar 17, 2009
I just cleared several days worth of backlog in my RSS-Feed. As a result, my mind has now slipped into the past and thinks it’s Valentine’s Day. I don’t like Valentine’s Day. I hate it because I’m single. And if I weren’t single, I’d be a conscientious objector.
And still, my whimsical mind has decided that I have to do something vaguely Valentine’s Day-ish, and I will give in to it, if only to exorcise the demon ;-)
So now, for your listening pleasure, here are 15 of my favourite love songs, as found on my harddrive during an exhaustive 47-second-search. (My apologies to anyone who doesn’t speak German and/or French.)
Btw, did I mention that my taste in music is very weird eclectic?
4. Reinhard Fendrich – Weilst A Herz Hast Wie A Bergwerk (that pic is soooo awful, but the sound is good)
5. Massive Attack – Protection (Also one of my favourite music videos…leave it to Gondry to flip a whole house…)
7. Hubert von Goisern – Fia Di (Believe it or not, that’s the only video I found for this one – sorry about the horses…)
8. Herbert Grönemeyer – Demo (Letzter Tag) (with English Subtitles, as a special service – although the German original is much, much more poetic, I swear.)
11. Bluatschink – Falla lassa (I have a soft spot for Bluatschink, because they are one of only a handful of groups singing in Austrian dialect that I actually like.)
12. Alanis Morissette – Uninvited (Film? What film? Repeat after me: There was no film.)
15. Ingrid Michaelson – Overboard (Ignore the video, just listen to the lyrics ^^)